So I was going through old boxes of notebooks today and it turns out that for the past 12 years I have been A LYING LIAR WHO LIES to myself and others whenever I claimed that I don’t write fanfiction. In chronological order of writing, I found these horrors (among others that even now, in all my indignities, I cannot bring myself to mention):
- plotty Indiana Jones fic, of which the final scene is just Indy and Marion making out in front of an explosion
- hilariously terrible self-insert Neverending Story fic
- Lord of the Rings fic featuring a bunch of Ranger OCs (one of whom was named Orvald the Ecru)(I don’t know)(I think I was trying to be funny)
- Sacajawea Historical RFP (yeah, like Lewis and Clark’s Sacajawea, I DON’T KNOW, I LIKED HER OK)
- The start of a fic about Loki’s (the god, not the Marvel version) gender confusion
- a 1920’s speakeasy Angel AU that included a t e r r i b l e Mary Sue
- An incredible volume of Ginny-centric Harry Potter fic that got all portentous about fate vs. free will that also was Ginny/Draco and Ginny/Harry but then ended with her not getting with either of them because she was an independent woman who don’t need no man!!
- Due South porn (het even!)
- Supernatural fanfiction featuring a female original character, circa season 1
- Battlestar Galactica porn featuring Starbuck and Hot Dog (I KNOW!!!) that I started writing with a girl I met in Italy
- An incredibly detailed Robin Hood (BBC) AU that was ramping up to Maid Marion femslash (okay this one was actually not too mortifying actually)
- a shit-ton of background research for a post-film Gabriel fic (yeah, that mediocre Australian movie about, like, sci-fi Angels)
- A plotty Metalocalype fic that included a sex scene involving Charles that teetered juuuuuust on the edge of bondage porn
I DIVULGE THIS IN ORDER TO EXPUNGE THE SHAME FROM MY SOUL
Came home to find that I have a few new followers, so I thought I’d write up a little introductory post.
First off, hi! Welcome!
My name is Sarah, and I’m a nerdy Canadian twentysomething doing my best to be a kind, open-minded, and rational human being. I am in a fictional relationship with fictional relationships. I’m pretty ridiculous.
This is a fannish blog, so expect overuse of all caps and exclamation marks and very little personal stuff. Personal stuff is fine, but I rarely venture my opinion unless asked for it. I read a lot of books, watch a lot of tv, and play a lot of video games, and mostly post about those last two items.
I’m a really friendly person and love talking to people about whatever, so come at me with asks, etc. If you ask me my opinion about any facet of video games I will blather for hours though, be warned. Said blathering is basically my only contribution to fandom(s), as I have no artistic talent (but am in awe of those who do) and am too riddled with neuroses to ever let anyone see my writing. So I mainly just reblog/comment on stuff I’m into.
My username is from a quote by Stanley Kubrick and sounds really dumb out of context from that quote, but it’s too late to change it now and also I don’t really care that much.
Thanks for stopping by!